60 year 7 (11 & 12 year old) pupils
About Energy Quest
Energy Quest is being delivered in association with Tomorrow’s Engineers and is designed to inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers. Based around the topic of energy, the workshop is a fun and engaging way for students to learn about renewable energy and careers in STEM.
Role of Ambassador
Provide a 5-10 minute talk/presentation (photos/ videos welcome) about their STEM experience, covering the following:
- What they do in their current role or previous role - highlighting any interesting projects they have worked on
- Benefits of working in a STEM career - job security, well-paid, travel opportunities, helping society, solving problems, being creative etc
- How they became interested in their STEM area
- Educational pathway/ Route into STEM career - GCSE’s/A-levels studied / College/ Uni course/ Apprenticeship scheme
- Q&A session – invite students to ask any questions
As well as or instead of providing an engaging talk the STEM ambassador is welcome to support the event by assisting the student teams with the activities, by encouraging them to think outside the box to solve problems, and also by helping with the judging of the competition. The event/ activities will be run by our Education Officer, who will also brief the ambassador on the day.
Contact Angela Heap email@example.com