What can we offer you?
Connect Education and Business in Ipswich is the lead agency in the East of England for career planning and work-related educational opportunities. In Suffolk alone, we work with 5000+ employers, 800+ schools/FE colleges and have 2000+ Ambassadors. During the last academic year we have successfully placed over 3500 students in work experience placements.
Through Connect Education and Business you can engage with employers offering work experience, and Ambassadors offering careers guidance, mentoring, or specialist support for your classroom activities and lesson development.
We are your go-to organisation in Suffolk, Norfolk, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire if you want up-to-date information, support and training about work experience, work-related learning opportunities, career-planning educational activities and other special careers events. Many services offered are free of charge at point of delivery for students and schools.
We have on our database one of the largest banks of engaged, trained and qualified employers across all industries in the East of England. This ready pool of expertise is deployed regularly at special careers and work-related events across the region and in schools.
We’re also the lead organisation for the STEM Ambassador Hub covering Suffolk, Norfolk, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire. This is a network of employers, teachers, leaders of special interest groups and STEM Ambassadors who want to inspire the next generation of STEM professionals.
How do I find out if my school is already connected?
If we have already made contact with a colleague in your school, we can tell you who that is and what has been offered so far. Get in touch.
Our team is here to help your school identify how and when you’d like to be involved. We provide induction and training support to help with planning and smoothly transitioning your involvement.
To get started, contact the Relationship Managers by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01473 740219.
What events and opportunities are coming up?
How do my students access your services?
Through the secure online information portal that we share with schools, called “Alltogether”. This enables students to search for all of the careers information and work experience opportunities of interest to them.
Through All Together, students can find work experience and register interest in being matched with a mentor or coach who is already working in the profession or industry of their choice. They can also gain other useful careers facts:
- Direct links are provided to all local and national agencies who can help (e.g. National Careers Service, specific industry trade associations and professional bodies)
- Hearing Ambassadors give careers talks
- Attending careers-focused special events
- Researching which subjects are going to be needed for the career of their choice
- Gathering information about how to prepare for work experience (e.g. interview tips, what to ask, what to wear, planning your journey etc).
- Asking for careers advice and guidance for a specific industry
- Attending employability workshops in schools (e.g. CV writing and interview skills)
- Taking part in a project-based assignment